Welcome back to the Museum! We’ve missed seeing you! Hope you and your families have been safe and healthy!
Prior to opening, the Museum has implemented new procedures to help protect Guests, Volunteers and Staff members from exposure to COVID-19. Please note that a risk exists in any public place where people are present. According to the Centers for Disease Control, Senior Citizens and Guests with underlying conditions are especially vulnerable. Prior to your next visit, we ask that you familiarize yourself with the new procedures below, which comply with COVID-19 regulations.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 9, 2020:
Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesdays through Sundays, 1pm – 4pm (by timed ticket only)
Closed Mondays, national holidays and the day after Thanksgiving
New Ticketing Procedures – Please Review Before Visiting the Museum:
- All Tickets must be pre-purchased on our website prior to your visit
- Admission will be by timed entry only in 30-minute slots from 1pm – 3pm
- Capacity will be limited – 12 tickets per half hour slot will be available
Note: when purchasing a timed-entry ticket, you will be asked if you or someone in your party have a cough, fever or have travelled outside the U.S. in the last 14 days; if the answer is “yes” to any of these, we regret you will be unable to purchase a ticket or enter the Museum until you are better and in the U.S. longer than 14 days.
– TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD IN THE MUSEUM – YOUR NAME MUST BE ON THE DAILY PRE-PURCHASE ORDER LOG IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED
Pre-Visit Safety Precautions:
- Everyone will be required to wear masks for the protection of other Guests, Volunteers and Staff members in order to enter the building.
- CDC social distancing guidelines are being observed – please stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other Guests who are not in your immediate household.
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer for your convenience and safety; hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Museum.
- Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes before your timed entry to allow us to best provide Guests with the safest Museum visit possible.
- For the safety of all, no one will be admitted with a cough or fever, or if they have travelled outside the U.S. within the last 14 days.
- If you are late for your timed entry, we will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot guarantee your access to the Museum on that day and will work with you to reschedule your visit.
During Your Visit:
- You will begin with a 15-minute introduction in the classroom, where social distancing procedures will be observed.
- After the introduction, you have two options: you can tour the Museum on your own, or you can take our Audio Tour on your phone or tablet
- Our Audio Tour is available via a free app from your App Store – just search for “Holocaust Museum & Cohen Education Center” and download to your device prior to your visit. Please use your own earbuds or headphones to listen to the tour so as not to disturb other guests.
- Another option to access the Audio Tour while at the Museum is through our website; using the Guest Wifi connection, visit our website and click “Audio Tour” under the “Exhibits” tab.
- Plan on spending about an hour and 15 minutes for your Museum tour. Docents will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the Museum or the Holocaust. Docent-led tours are not available at this time.
- Upon completing your tour, you are invited to visit the temporary exhibit in Estelle and Stuart Price Gallery. Currently on display is Through Their Eyes -The Liberation of Concentration Camps. The exhibit features artifacts, documents and photos from the Museum’s permanent collection which were donated by local SWFL residents who were Liberators and their families.
- To protect Volunteers and Staff Members, no cash transactions are allowed; please use credit cards for book purchases and donations.
Please remember – If a timed-entry ticket holder is sick or running a fever on the day of their scheduled visit, please postpone your visit to protect others. We will be happy to re-schedule you to another date and time.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding ticketing and other new procedures. You can e-mail us at Info@HMCEC.org or call 239-263-9200. We are glad to be open again and hope to see you soon!